Check out our round-up of what to look out for at the 2018 Annual Meeting of the International Society for Stem Cell Research (20-23 June, Melbourne, Australia).
This year’s Annual Meeting of the International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR; 20-23 June, Melbourne, Australia) is just around the corner. With 33 hours of scientific programs, 35 scientific sessions, 150+ and 1400 posters, make sure you attend the events that everyone will be talking about.
The International Society for Stem Cell Research 2018 Annual Meeting — read more
In this editorial, Hans Clevers, current ISSCR president, looks ahead to what can be looked forward to at this year’s ISSCR meeting (20-23 June, Melbourne, Australia).
- June 20: Presidential Symposium: Ben Scheres, Wageningen University (the Netherlands) will share his leading work on plant stem cells, Graziella Pellegrini, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (Italy), will present clinical translation work with gene and cell therapies and Elly Tanaka, Institute of Molecular Pathology (Austria) will discuss the regenerative abilities of the recently-sequenced axolotl.
- June 20: 2018 ISSCR Tobias Award lecture: Connie Eaves, Terry Fox Laboratory at the BC Cancer Agency (Canada)
- June 20: Recapitulating Development from Stem Cells: the Anne McLaren Memorial Lecture featuring Patrick Tam, Children’s Medical Research Institute (Australia) and presentation of the 2018 Public Service Award to Megan Munsie
- June 21: the Ernest McCulloch Memorial Lecture: Harvard University’s Douglas Melton, the incoming ISSCR President, whose work focuses on developing human islet cells for diabetics.
- June 22: New Technologies in Stem Cell Engineering: Shuibing Chen, Weill Cornell Medical College, winner of the ISSCR Dr Susan Lim Outstanding Young Investigator Award
- June 23: Cancer Stem Cells: Allison Bardin, Institut Curie (Paris, France), Nick Barker, Institute of Medical Biology (Singapore), Tannishtha Reya, University of California San Diego (USA), Jane Visvader, Walter & Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research (Australia) and Presidential Symposium speaker Juan Carlos IzpisÃºa Belmonte, Salk Institute (CA, USA).
In this special episode of #TalkingRegMed, Adam Price-Evans, Commissioning Editor, Regenerative Medicine, and Freya Leask, RegMedNet, looks ahead to the 2018 Annual Meeting of the International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR).
Are you attending ISSCR 2018? Write a conference report to share your experiences with the RegMedNet community!