Cell culture heresies debunked with real-time sensing
We take so much for granted in cell culture and follow decades-old protocols, but emerging technologies are now shedding light on our assumptions. Join this webinar to hear Jake Boy debunk common cell culture misconceptions and describe how optical sensors can provide pericellular data in a simple and affordable manner from virtually any kind of culture vessel.
Pericellular oxygen levels affect cells in profound ways: it’s now easier than ever to measure it in real time so that your cells remain at levels that are normoxic for them. Whether you’re culturing adherent or suspension cells, organoids, tissues or organs, find out how you can get real insights easily.
What will you learn?
- Common misconceptions about T-flask cultures
- How optical sensors work
- Cell culture insights and secrets revealed
- Best practices for real-time monitoring of pH and dissolved oxygen
- How to increase reproducibility in cell culture
Who may this interest?
- Regenerative medicine R&D scientists and engineers
- Cell culture researchers
- Tissue engineering, organ engineering, organ-on-a-chip, and cell and gene therapy researchers and biomanufacturers
Senior Application Scientist
Scientific Bioprocessing (PA, USA)
Jake earned his BA in Organismic and Evolutionary Biology at Harvard University (MA, USA). He has a professional background in research labs, genetics and cell culturing. As a senior application scientist at Scientific Bioprocessing, Jake supports new product development and testing, and problem solves for each customer’s unique bio-application. Jake is dedicated to improving the science surrounding cell culture and helping customers attain their scientific goals.
In association with