The manufacture of cell-based products to a clinical standard is a complex and delicate process, but essential in making these therapies more cost-effective and improve the availability of cell therapies. Automation as a technology has revolutionized manufacture by enabling standard and simple processes which ensuring reproducibility, scalability and safety.
However, some may be resisting integrating automation into their process due to concerns over complexity and cost. How can automation be integrated with existing validated protocols? How can researchers ensure that automation is cost-effective and simple to install?
In this spotlight, we will be discussing the importance of automation and potential applications for development, manufacture and logistics. We will review best practice for integrating automation into your workflow and current procedures for automation in advanced therapies. Finally, we will hear from leading experts in the field who make their predictions on how technology could evolve in the future.
Visit the spotlight - new posts weekly!
Here are our highlights from the feature. Find even more on the spotlight page, and look out for new content coming every week.
- Take our survey on automation and help us investigate the landscape of automation in research. Complete the 5 minute survey>>
- Learn about why automation is more than closed system manufacturing from Markus Gershater, Chief Scientific Officer, Synthace (London, UK). Learn more>>
- Discover how Antha from Synthace could enable more effective and efficient automated workflows (coming soon!)
- Hear from Ioannis Papantoniou, ATMP Bioprocessing Coordinator, on how he is using automation in bioprocessing at KU Leuven (coming soon!)
- Find out how Oxford Biomedica (Oxford, UK) optimized a lentiviral vector transfection/transduction system for improved vector titre and robustness. Learn more>>
- Read articles on automation in Regenerative Medicine and Bioanalysis, made free exclusively for RegMedNet members. Learn more>>