Welcome to our spotlight on gene therapy!
Quick access to all the content in the latest RegMedNet spotlight on gene therapy, including expert editorials, peer-reviewing journal content and more.
Gene therapy has the potential to eliminate a number of diseases which are currently causing distress to patients and burden on the healthcare system. Gene therapies have been tested in vitro and were deployed in the clinic for the first time in 2017. The promise of a ‘cure’ has proved tempting for investors and developers alike.
However, there remain a number of significant difficulties. It is difficult to introduce new genes into the body and they remain stable and expressing, and the development process is long, complex and very expensive. Who will shoulder the burden of development? Who will pay for these therapies once they are approved?
In this spotlight, we will be discussing current the landscape of gene therapy and existing applications. We will review the unique manufacturing requirements of gene therapies and how developers and vendors are supporting this process. Finally, we will hear from leading experts in the field, who will review ethical and regulatory developments that could impact developers and patients.
Visit the spotlight - new posts weekly!
Here are our highlights from the feature. Find even more on the spotlight page, and look out for new content coming every week.
- Take our survey on gene therapy and help us investigate the landscape of automation in research. Take the survey>>
- Discover Lonza's process development services capabilities in their expert profile. View now>>
- Find out how to manufacture GMP-compliant iPSCs that show clinical potential. Find out more>>
- Hear from Lonza's Global Head of Process Development, Behnam Ahmadian Baghbaderani, about the challenges of process development in gene therapy manufacturing. Coming soon>>
- Learn how computational fluid dynamics could enable effective and efficient scale up of gene therapies. Coming soon>>
- Join a panel of experts to learn more about the challenges faced by scientists developing and manufacturing gene therapy. Coming soon>>
- Read articles on automation in Regenerative Medicine and Bioanalysis, made free exclusively for RegMedNet members. Learn more>>